Item 75863 4pcs Door Lock Installation Kit from Tolsen
Handy hole saw kit used for boring holes required for a door knob installation, suitable for wooden doors.
Includes a 2-1/8” (54mm) diameter hole saw for boring the door knob hole, and a 1” (25mm) hole saw for the latch opening.
3/8” (9.5mm) arbor compatible for use with most handheld electric drills.
NOTE: When drilling the door knob hole, drill on both sides of the door to prevent splintering.
Designed to fit the most common lockset sizes in use today.
Instructions for use:
- Select desired template and slide into position.
- Align the guide on the door and secure the guide with plate screws.
- Ensure hole size and location is correct before drilling.
- Assemble arbor into 2⅛-inch hole saw and install hole saw into drill chuck.
- Cut the hole only halfway through one side of the door.
- Flip the door and finish from the other side.
- This technique helps prevents splintering.
- Assemble arbor into 1-inch hole saw, and install hole saw into drill chuck.
- Drill the edge bore hole for the latch.
- Create a mortise for the latch faceplate.
- Use a chisel to remove the excess material.
- Keep the beveled side of the blade down to remove only small amounts of material.
- The faceplate should rest flush with the door edge.
- 2 pcs hole saw: 1”(25mm), 2-1/8”(54mm)
- 1 pc 3/8” (9.5mm) arbor
- 1 pc ABS positioning plastic frame
Sealed clam-shell packaging. Do not accept if packaged otherwise.